Genero Adran Premier round-up | Swansea City hit late winner at the Racecourse to keep title hopes alive

Cardiff City moved one step closer to the Genero Adran Premier title with a 2-0 away win at Aberystwyth Town on Sunday. 

The Bluebirds were kept at bay by the Seasiders for the majority of the match as the score remained goalless until the 68th minute, when Mikayla Cook continued her impressive season by heading home from Ffion Price’s cross. 

The second goal came two minutes from time when Seren Watkins wrapped up the win with a clinical finish into the bottom corner. 

Cardiff will secure the title if they avoid defeat to south Wales rivals Swansea City in the capital on Wednesday night. 

However, the Swans showed they will not go down without a fight after scoring a stoppage-time winner to triumph 3-2 over Wrexham at the Stōk Cae Ras. 

Lili Jones’ goal of the season contender from distance was exactly what the 2,008 fans inside the stadium came to see as Wrexham led in the 25th minute, but Swansea were back on terms seven minutes later when Robyn Pinder levelled from the penalty spot. 

Monet Legall crashed home a stunning effort to put the Swans in front early in the second half, but Rosie Hughes’ close-range header made it 2-2 with nine minutes remaining. 

Late drama arrived in the 92nd minute, when Ellie Lake’s cross-turned-shot beat goalkeeper Del Morgan to send the away side into raptures. 

The New Saints ended their nine-match winless run as Chantelle Teare scored twice in a 3-1 victory over Cardiff Met at Park Hall, which sent Greg Draper’s side back to the top of the Plate Conference. 

Chelsea Cochrane gave Met the lead with her first league goal of the season in the 34th minute, but Teare’s first of the afternoon, followed by Mel Barlow’s strike, saw the Saints turn things around in a frantic ending to the first half. 

Teare completed her brace nine minutes after the restart and TNS were able to see out the rest of the second half to seal an important three points.

Pontypridd United finally earned their first league win of the campaign as they triumphed 2-1 over Barry Town United at USW Sports Park. 

A pair of quick-fire goals put the Dragons in front, as Erin Murray scored her first goal for the club in the 27thminute before turning provider for teenager Maddie Williams two minutes later. 

Barry forward Aimee Deacon halved the deficit from the penalty spot just after the hour mark and the Linnets pushed for a late leveller after Pontypridd defender Shannon Hindmarsh was sent off, but Ponty held on for a memorable victory and they are now the only undefeated side in the bottom half in phase two. 

Genero Adran Premier results

Aberystwyth Town 0-2 Cardiff City
Pontypridd United 2-1 Barry Town United
The New Saints 3-1 Cardiff Met
Wrexham 2-3 Swansea City

Learn more from FA Wales

Sign up to receive all things FAW, from team news, tickets, domestic, grassroots, to exclusive offers and prize draws.

We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data – view our privacy policy by clicking here.