This summer, the Football Association of Wales (FAW) will be delivering football opportunities for girls like no other!
In the buildup to FIFA Women’s World Cup taking place this summer in New Zealand and Australia, the FAW will provide girls aged 4-11 with opportunities to participate in fun and friendly festivals across Wales.
These opportunities are thanks to the FAW partnering with FIFA and support from the FIFA Women’s Football Development Fund.
With the success of the FAW Huddle Unite Festivals last season, the FAW are seeking a host of organisations to deliver a showcase of Huddle Unite festivals across Wales for 2023.
The FAW are hoping to engage with organisations who are eager to develop girls’ football and promote opportunities for girls in their local area, to facilitate the delivery of a Huddle Unite festival and provide a positive first experience for girls in football.
Are you keen to become a delivery partner of Huddle Unite Festivals for 2023? Here’s what you need to know:
- Huddle Unite festival must be delivered in June or July.
- Providers must have a safe and accessible facility suitable for delivery between the hours of 8:30AM – 5:30PM (1 x Full-Size Pitch or Equivalent).
- Have a qualified workforce/volunteer network to support with the delivery, minimum of 12 identified support staff.
- Evidence a safe environment complete with Risk Assessment, Public Liability Insurance, Safeguarding and First Aid leads.
- Have the ability to deliver to up to 192 girls across the day, split into 96 in the AM and 96 in the PM. These will be split across 8 stations, ideally ages 4-8 in the morning and 9-11 in the afternoon.
- Have the ability to work with partners and stakeholders to promote girls’ football opportunities across your local community.
What support will you receive for delivering?
- £200 of funding to support with Facility Hire or Staffing costs.
- Fully Huddle Powered by Weetabix branded equipment & festival dress for the full day of delivery.
- 1-2-1 FAW support with planning and execution, and designated FAW officer delivery day support.
- Full festival itinerary and delivery plan to assist with your delivery.
- Branded Goodies, and information packs for all participants.
- Event staff Branded T-shirts.
- Player Appearances and Q&A (where possible).
Huddle Unite Festivals can be delivered by either schools, local clubs or Huddle providers – but must target girls aged 4-11 years. The FAW are happy to receive applications from all organisations. Please note, the FAW anticipate a high number of applications.
To apply, please fill in the following form: https://forms.gle/AE9Ytz4nTjn11ep97
The deadline for applications is 17:00, Monday 8th May, 2023.