Launching in time for Cymru’s first appearance at a FIFA World Cup in 64 years, RedWall+ is the new home for Welsh football content.
RedWall+ is an online streaming platform from the Football Association of Wales (FAW), which brings everything fans love about the game into a user-friendly library of content.
Packed with programmes featuring some of the biggest names in Welsh football, RedWall+ is the long-awaited destination for supporters to indulge their passion with a rich mixture of documentaries, club profiles, music videos and coaching masterclasses.
Available to watch on RedWall+ from launch day will be:
- The Road to Qatar – Cymru’s historic march to the World Cup via the qualifiers and play-offs, featuring archive footage from the campaign as well as brand new interviews taking you behind the scenes of the Wales camp.
- The Art of the Wales Shirt – Into your football shirts? Then you’ll adore this unashamed love letter to some of Cymru’s finest kits. Presented by former Welsh international Robert Earnshaw, it features an exclusive behind the scenes look at Adidas HQ in Germany and a chat with the Welshman who designed our latest shirt.
- Building the Red Wall – From a handful of hard-core supporters following Cymru across Europe, to the huge, vibrant, inclusive Red Wall we love today. It charts how the fan base has evolved through the decades, featuring hilarious adventures from seasoned Wales Away-ers. A must-watch.
- A Nation United: A unique behind the scenes look at the day Cymru qualified for the World Cup with that famous win over Ukraine. This documentary has all the sights and sounds from a day that will live on in the memory of The Red Wall.
- My Club: Championing the grassroots football clubs doing amazing things every day to support their players and local communities. From clubs like Penrhyn Bay to Clarbeston Road and the all-inclusive Cardiff Warriors, these are the unsung heroes across Wales who give up their time simply for the love of the game.
- FAW Coaching Masterclass: Featuring expert insight from Cymru managers Robert Page and Gemma Grainger, among others. This series breaks down games and match scenarios to help you see inside the mind of a top-class coach.
Noel Mooney, Chief Executive of the FAW: “There are so many amazing stories from across Welsh football, through history and right up to today’s international and grassroots heroes.
“These stories need to be told, so we wanted a platform which could do that in way which shows just how vibrant and inclusive Welsh football is.
“RedWall+ will cover all aspects of the game in Wales including men’s and women’s international tournaments, age-grade player development, the domestic game, coaching, refereeing and, of course, the amazing communities across the country.
“We are so excited to bring this brand-new streaming service to Welsh supporters around the world.”
Red Wall+ will be free for everyone to experience the new service until 1 March 2023. To watch, fans only need to sign up for an account at www.redwallplus.cymru.
The FAW are partnering with Welsh production company EatSleep Media (ESM) to curate and manage the new streaming service. ESM have also produced much of the content for the platform at launch.
Laurence Mora, ESM Creative Director: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Welsh football to tell its own story.
“Creating hours of gorgeous content in just three months has been a huge task for us, but we’ve enjoyed every minute and we are so proud of the results.
“This is a hugely ambitious project we are partnering with the FAW on and there are so many exciting plans for the future.”
The Red Wall + streaming service also features content from other production companies such as Tiny Welsh Media, whose work is seen on FAW social media channels via FAWTV.
Rob Dowling, Head of Content and Engagement at the FAW: “RedWall+ is the next major step in our ongoing strategy to continue our engagement with Welsh football fans by providing excellent content on demand and a catalogue of programming that will continue to grow over time.
“As a fan of Welsh domestic and international football myself, I cannot wait to show everyone what we’ve been working on as we want this streaming service to represent all levels of the game here in Wales as we develop the platform over time.
“We believe RedWall+ sets the new standard for all football associations and other sports organisations to follow. It will help put Welsh football on a global stage.”
Available as a dynamic website able to adapt to different sized screens, RedWall+ will soon be joined by a gorgeous new app on Apple and Android devices.
RedWall+ is supported by the Welsh Government’s World Cup Partner Support Fund.